Thursday, October 13, 2016

Trading fear for faith

I
've thought and studied on fear for a few years now. I've pondered whether it's good or bad, the physiological aspects of fear, and even if it's real. But I'm not going to get into any of that today.

Today I just want to share a thought and a question:

Thought: God does not give the spirit of fear, but He does ask us to do hard things, things out of our comfort zones. That's the only place we grow, the place where we experience resistance to our naturally desired state of complacency and ease and safety.

That's where the the power comes from-His power. When we turn our hearts and will to Him, we get in return power to do those things He has for us. 

Some of the things that have frightened me the most have turned out to be the best things for me. And I would have never found them or experienced them if I had let fear decide for me. But when I trade fear for trust in Him, and move forward, I can have a sound mind knowing that His power will carry me through.

He has faith in us. He has faith in you. If your are facing something that is causing you fear this day, ask God if it's something He wants or needs to you do or experience. If the answer is yes, then breathe deep, and go for it.

Now here's my question: How do you do that? When you feel fear in the face of His will, how do you push through that fear, overcome that fear, to walk in His power with a sound mind as you strive to love His will?


No comments:

Why Salt & Juniper?

Salt and Juniper. A strange name for a blog, right? Not really. As women who believe in Jesus, we are the salt of the earth (Matthew...

Popular Posts