Sunday, December 10, 2017

Only THE best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever



I'm all about things spiritual and wonderful.
So, of course, I must write about cookies.

For those of you who know me, my addiction to chocolate is not a surprise. 
Neither is my addiction to cookies. 

Need proof?


This is me when I was a young thing.  
You couldn't pry the cookie from my hand, 
even for a picture with my lovely mother.




This is my doorbell now. For reals. 



I talk about, laugh about, and eat copious amounts of chocolate. Especially cookies with chocolate in them. I have tried dozens of different recipes. I have made chewy, crispy, fat, and flat cookies. 
And I have eaten them all.

Out of all my chocolate chip cookie recipes, this one is, by far, THE BEST. I found it on HERE, and  have made it three times this week alone. Not kidding.

If you want big, chewy, amazing cookies, then you must make these today.
Do not wait.
Make them, groan in delight, and whisper, "Thank you Michelle. Thank you."

Or you can just make them and eat them. :) 



You'll need:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (though I think it could use 3/4 tsp)
3/4 unsalted butter, melted (must be melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more!)



How to make them:

Preheat your oven at 325 degrees F and line cookies sheets with parchment paper.


Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.





Cream butter, and sugars until blended well.




Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.





Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended. Do not over mix.
Stir in chocolate chips with wooden spoon. Again, do not over mix.




Drop onto cookie sheet in 1/4 cup balls. (I use my ice cream scooper for this. Well, one of my ice cream scoopers. I have like five. Because ice cream.)





Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire cooking rack.






 Ignore the mess in the kitchen.





And eat your cookies.






Don't forget to share them, too!

You know where to find me ;)


Michelle

2 comments:

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How to replace butter, since it is expensive?
Can I use oil since margarine isn't healthy?

My different cookies recipies came out of oven like pizzas, I cannot find the one (using oil) that worked.

Your writing style tastes like chocolate cookies.

Why Salt & Juniper?

Salt and Juniper. A strange name for a blog, right? Not really. As women who believe in Jesus, we are the salt of the earth (Matthew...

Popular Posts