Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A masterpiece and a work in progress . . . this is us.





Storyteller and activist Sophia Bush tweeted a simple phrase a few years ago:



"You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously."



This hit me with such power. I realized when I read it that I often see myself in black and white terms. I am either going good or doing poorly.

But this allows us to believe that we can still be magnificent while we are imperfect. 

I LOVE THAT!

I love that I can struggle and still be stupendous, that I can make mistakes and still be magnificent.

I love the visual that we are masterpieces AND works in progress.

This is my new mantra. I will memorize it. I will cross-stitch it on a pillow. 

I will believe it.

~M




No comments:

Why Salt & Juniper?

Salt and Juniper. A strange name for a blog, right? Not really. As women who believe in Jesus, we are the salt of the earth (Matthew...

Popular Posts