Thursday, October 18, 2018

I'n gonna do sumfin

I love babies. I love the way they smell and think and play and laugh. I think they are marvelous.

I love how they grow without the burden of caring what others think.

I love how they are curious and brave and keenly aware of their innate needs.

I love how they love to discover and try so hard to do new things.

And I love when they begin to talk and can articulate the workings of their little minds with broken, darling vocabulary.

Sometimes it takes the mindset of a child for an adult to try something new. It takes modeling their curiosity and bravery, the way they don't care about how they look to others, the way they don't fear failure. They way the simply want to do what they want to.

In that spirit, I want to tell you that . . . . I'n gonna do sumfin.

I'm going to do something that I've thought about for a while but have allowed all the grownup thinks and thoughts and fears to keep at bay.

I'n gonna make some bideos.

Yes, you read that right. I'm going to be making videos.

No, it's not a huge announcement.

But for me, it's an exciting-and big-step. It's new and they might be awful and maybe no one will watch or maybe they will and say mean things because they won't be professional-looking and Pinterest worthy.

But I'm going to do it because I want to. I think it could be fun.

So, my good friends, you can expect the first video to be released next week. (Gah! I just committed. Now it's real!)

The video series will be called, "At the Table" as I'll be filming them at my kitchen table. They will be a casual treatment of gospel topics and women's issues. And yes, some men's issues as well.

I love teaching, and this is my way of being able to teach the things I love with you.

For fun, here's a sneak peek at my super short intro. I kinda like it.

See you (or, you see me) literally, next week!










No comments:

Why Salt & Juniper?

Salt and Juniper. A strange name for a blog, right? Not really. As women who believe in Jesus, we are the salt of the earth (Matthew...

Popular Posts